This half day workshop will introduce you to common issues in research data management, and then guide you through making a formal plan.
This is a hands on workhpo, please bring your laptop, or get in touch with me if you need help with getting one for the course.
After the workshop you will be able to answer these questions, or at least be prepared to understand what is required to:
- What data will you collect or create?
- How will the data be collected or created?
- Documentation and metadata
- What documentation and metadata will accompany the data?
- Ethics and legal compliance
- How will you manage any ethical issues?
- How will you manage copyright and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) issues?
- Storage and backup
- How will the data be stored and backed up during the research?
- How will you manage access and security?
- Selection and preservation
- Which data are of long-term value and should be retained, shared, and/or preserved?
- What is the long-term preservation plan for the dataset?
- Data sharing
- How will you share the data?
- Are any restrictions on data sharing required?
- Responsibilities and resources
- Who will be responsible for data management?
- What resources will you require to deliver your plan
- Friday, November 10, 2017
- 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Poutama (Central Library Level 3)
- Research Support